Paid part-time opportunities for one year (beginning September 2021)
- Do you have a passion for environmental and social justice?
- Are you looking to connect with diverse communities in Bristol to explore solutions for a fair and green future?
- Are you a strong communicator who can challenge perceptions and inspire action?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and leadership?
Then you may be interested in becoming a Black & Green Ambassador!
The Black & Green Ambassadors programme’s mission is to connect, empower and celebrate diverse leadership and community action on environmental issues in Bristol and beyond; challenging perceptions, creating new opportunities and working towards ensuring the environmental movement is inclusive and representative of all communities.
At the heart of delivering on this mission are the Black & Green Ambassadors, who each year will lead on the development and delivery of a varied programme of activities including:
- Community workshops (online & in-person)
- A community-based research project
- A monthly radio show on Ujima Radio
- Collaborating with Ujima Radio, Bristol Green Capital Partnership and organisations across the city on various initiatives and projects
- Feeding into an annual report to share learnings and impacts
- Participating in key city-region forums, meetings and events
- Speaking at relevant events locally, regionally and nationally
Ambassadors will also be provided with ongoing support from the programme team and Steering Group and will benefit from a tailored programme of skills training (incl. broadcasting, facilitation, community engagement) and mentorship throughout the programme.
- The role will last for one year, beginning on 20 September 2021.
- The role will be a 12-month freelance contract with Ujima Radio CIC for 104 days at £102 per day (£10,608 over the year-long Ambassadorship).
- It is anticipated that this will be working 2 days per week, but with flexibility – for example, working either full or half days, adjusting hours some weeks, and working flexible hours to attend relevant meetings or events.
- Team working will be essential for training activities, meetings and team planning, so we will ask Ambassadors to set at least one day a week as a joint working day.
How to apply
Download full information about the role and how to apply in this application pack
- A copy of your CV or a page describing your relevant experience
- A completed equalities monitoring form
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 3 August (11.59pm)
If candidates prefer to answer the application questions via video instead of written format, we will happily receive video applications. Further information provided in the application pack.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Carlton Romaine, Black & Green Ambassadors Coordinator, to arrange an informal discussion via phone call firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applicants for the paid Ambassador roles will require eligibility to work in the UK. However, we warmly welcome interest from individuals who would like to get involved in Year Two of the programme on a voluntary basis. If you would like to register your interest in volunteering, please e-mail email@example.com with a short summary explaining why you would like to get involved and details of any relevant experience (or a copy of your CV)
Find out more
We held an online event on Tuesday 27th July with current Black & Green Ambassadors and the programme team to offer interested individuals the opportunity to hear more about the programme and ask questions about the role. (Attendance at the online event was not obligatory and it does not form part of the selection process).